Sunday, October 5, 2008

Presentations

This past week everyone gave a presentation based on something they were interested in or something they enjoyed doing. I found all the presentations interesting and enjoyed listening to all the topics. Some of my favorites included Adrienn's wine presentation, Lauren's presentation on how to facebook stalk, and Morgan's presentation on how she spends her Christmas.

Adrienn was very informative on how to properly open a bottle of wine and present it to the table. This summer was the first time I have ever worked as a server and let me tell you, those wine tools are tricky. I can say that I have never completely opened a bottle of wine with one of those things by myself. I usually made my tables help me which is embarassing I know. Adrienn did a great job explaining how to open the bottle properly and showing how and who to serve first. And I am always impressed when someone can actually use a wine tool. :)

I also enjoyed Lauren's presention on "How to Efficiently Facebook Stalk". I thought the topic was very entertaining and appropriate for this generation where facebook is so popular. I thought she did an excellent job and I definitely laughed. The facebook rap also added a nice touch.

Morgan did a great job presenting her nontraditional Christmas trips. I enjoyed seeing her pictures from Finland and Slovenia. It was interesting learning about different countries especially Slovenia since I've never heard of it. I think its really awesome that she gets to travel each year to places all over the world. I know I'm jealous!

All the presentations taught me something that I did not already know. I found all of them to be very interesting but these are just a few of my favorites.

No comments: